Thursday, 28 June 2012

Well, It was a 28 hours very tiring Bus Journey from Vadodara to Bangalore. It was 17th June, 2012. While I started my journey at 10:00.

I never gone outside of 3 states named Rajasthan, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. So this was the first time when I was going too far from home. So obviously family members were worried. The bus passed through few cities of Maharashtra like Thane, Pune and I couldn't remember any other name in my journey. The bus was going very fast. It was raining too high on the way. There were two bus drivers, one sleeps and one drive and vice-verse. The driver was stopping the bus every 4-5 hours, so you have to adjust yourself according to that.
Bus authority was also showing few films for entertainment. Unfortunately I have watched all of them. We had lunch, dinner, breakfast all of the things whenever the bus stops. The most awkward moment comes when you had your food and everybody just think who is going to pay? I don't like that. Just pay your share, thats it. Its not a birthday party yaar. It should always be TTMM Scheme (Tu tera, Me mera) in such cases.

We were 5 friends together. Hardik Patel was my friend. And other was his friends from Nirma University.
They were hired in Wipro Technologies and I was going to join TESCRA Softwares.

So we were about to reach Bangalore and I was watching people working in the field for crops. Women roaming here and there with FLOWERS tied in their hairs. Most of men were wearing Lungi. And after crossing such few scenes we finally reached to Bangalore, Karnataka on 18th at 02:00 in the noon.

We were suppose to go for a place named Majestic (Bus Stand). I was not able to even move my body as it was in the same position since last 28 hours. But had to move. Majestic was about 2 km from where we were dropped by bus. I was having 1 laptop bag, 1 hand bag and 1 wheel bag. And guess what, my friends started to walk towards the Bus Stand. I could not stop them and started waking. Taking few seconds break after every 2 minutes. And finally reached to Majestic Bus Stop. Took a bus and went to a friend's flat who was allready working at Bangalore.

After staying there for one day, next day i.e. on 19th I moved to my cousin Bhaiya and Bhabhi. They were staying on the other corner of the city but my office was only 8 Km from their flat. So I moved their for my convenience. I again have to do a travel of 45 KM for going to their flat. And Its Bangalore's traffic. And I was not even knowing how to go there.
Just asked to a bus conductor for the location I want to go. He just helped me out and in 3 hours I reached at my Bhaiya's flat. Well he came to see me at a place else how would I found such place in a big city.

I noticed few thing here, many people knows some of the Hindi and English. So I didn't faced too much language trouble yet.
I reached at my Bhaiya's flat on 19th, my office joining was on 21st. So I was about to have enough rest on 20th. And It was Bhumin's (my bhaiya's 4 years old son) birthday on 20th. So I enjoyed that day.

So finally 21st, Thursday came and I was about to join my first day in TESCRA as a Software Engineer. Went to TESCRA at 4:30 in the evening. And completed all the joining formalities.
I came to know that I have to join a team whose few members are in USA. So felt a bit nervous. But took it as a great opportunities. Next day, Friday, also I was about to complete few formalities like opening a bank account, create company e mail ID, apply for credit card and all such things. And beside I was assigned a desktop with a single user access (that was me only :P ) with my personal desk. Very Happy.

So my actual work started from Monday that is on 25th June, 2012. Well I am not allowed to out any kind of company information. But I must write that we work in very free environment. And I love to work here.

next will continue in the next posts....

Well, I know, It may be boring for you. So I am sorry if you get bored but I wrote in for myself.
And if you liked it, then it will be my pleasure.

This is my very first post in any kind of blogger on the internet.

Thanks,
Arpit

2 comments:

  1. Its mostly like a personal diary than a blog :P.
    Anyways it doesnt matter what you write, till you dont stop writing in the blog-o-sphere.

    Keep up the good work. :)

    You might also see me in the blog-o-sphere too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Ameya..
      As I wrote, This my first attempt. So don't know the actual difference between Blog and Personal Diary.
      Will come up with something very interesting soon.

      And yeah, I am waiting for your blog. ;-)

      Delete